2020 has been a wild ride, so we're happy to give you a chance to forget it all for a moment. We invite you to put the news on mute, grab a good drink, and immerse yourself in Artisan Spirit.
The thing we've most looked forward to sharing about our Spring 2020 issue, has been the very first "Artisan Spirit of the Year." We set out to recognize an individual distiller who exemplifies the best facets of our industry. Someone who lives and breathes the fundamentals of distillation, but also a person willing to go beyond the art and science itself and invest efforts into the success of our industry for the benefit of us all.
Handing all the power over to a selection committee of distilling veterans to do the brutal work of narrowing their peers down to one special distiller, was a special kind of thrill and they selected someone we are proud to bestow our name upon.
Nicole Austin, General Manager and Distiller of Cascade Hollow Distilling Co., is the 2020 Artisan Spirit of the Year. We invite you to read her story, meet the selection committee, review the selection guidelines, and to start thinking about who you would like to nominate for recognition next year.
Article topics this issue include:
- The first Artisan Spirit of the Year
- Think pink (gin)
- Protect your assets without getting branded a bully
- Washington State distillers after privatization
- The art of the bung
- When niche products outperform expectations
- G&T 4ever
- And much more!
- Ironclad Distillery
- Liquid Riot Bottling Company
- Shevet Brewing & Distilling
- Sons of Liberty Beer and Spirits Co.
More than ever, we're honored to serve the distilling industry. Thank you for sharing your heart and your stories, welcoming us into your facilities, asking important questions, and encouraging us to make a publication worthy of your time.
Our work is made possible with the support of our advertisers and our sponsors: The American Spirits Exchange, BSG Distilling, Cage and Sons Distilling Systems, CF Napa Brand Design, Distilled Spirits Council of the United States, Fort Dearborn Company, G&D Chillers, Independent Stave Company, Lallemand Biofuels & Distilled Spirits, Live Oak Bank, MGP Ingredients, Moonshine University, O-I, Tapi, and Total Wine & More. It is with great gratitude that we work with these companies towards our common goal of supporting creativity, innovation, and integrity within this industry that we all love so much
You're ready to get to reading now, right? If you aren't already subscribed, we have four great ways for you to get a copy in your very own hands…
- If you are a craft distiller, your distillery is welcome to one complimentary subscription! To make sure you’re on the mailing list, head over to our Qualified Subscriber page.
- If you want a physical copy mailed directly to you, it's super easy to order a subscription.
- If you live in Arizona, California, Nevada, Texas, or Washington state, run to your nearest Total Wine & More store, to pick up a complimentary copy of our latest issue in the spirits section. Hurry — it’s first come, first serve!
- If you just can’t wait another moment to see the current issue of Artisan Spirit Magazine, then how about a digital version? We knew you’d like that.