The official start of summer might not be until Saturday, but we can’t hold back any long. Brace yourself, because Artisan Spirit Magazine’s Summer 2014 issue is coming at you! As usual, it’s bigger than ever and we can’t wait for you to get your hands on it.http://issuu.com/artisanspiritmag/docs/artisanspirit_issue007_web?e=7606545/8323682This one is full to the brim with:
- Tips on coping with a TTB audit
- The journey from seed to barrel at a french cooperage
- A report on craft distilling conventions in 2014
- A conversation with some dames of distilling
- Confronting the questions of “What is craft?”
- The vital role of the bottle closure
- And more, more, more!
We are very pleased to be introducing two new regular contributors to Artisan Spirit Magazine:
- John McKee, owner of Headframe Spirits, discusses the importance of focusing on selling the customer a second bottle in this issue.
- Johnny Jeffery, former head distiller at Death’s Door Spirits and currently consulting at Sante Fe Spirits, offers up his expertise in a multipart series about the art and science of distillation.
This issue includes craft distiller interviews with:
- Aria Gin
- Blue Flame Spirits
- Deerhammer Distilling Company
- Montgomery Distillery
- Trailhead Spirits
- Vivacity Spirits
- Woodinville Whiskey
We continue to fall more in love with this industry every day. The excitement YOU, our readers, have shown for the magazine and the support you’ve given make all the work we do worth it. Your encouragement, article requests, constructive criticism, and enthusiastic influence propels us forward. So keep it coming — We’re all ears!We’d also like to send another thank you out to our sponsors: Agra Marketing Group, American Craft Spirits Association, Black Swan Cooperage, Distillery Products by Laser-ON, Fort Dearborn Company, Moonshine University, O-I, Rogue Spirits, Tapi, Thoroughbred Spirits Group, and Vendome Copper & Brass Works. We all share a common goal to support creativity, innovation, and integrity within this industry that we all love so much.So, are you ready to read the darn thing already? If you are not already subscribed, we have four wonderful ways for you to get a copy of your very own…
- If you are a craft distiller, your distillery is welcome to one complimentary lifetime subscription! To make sure you’re on the mailing list, email your contact information, distillery’s name, and mailing address to our editor, Brian Christensen. His email is brian @ artisanspiritmag dot com.
- If you want a physical copy mailed directly to you, just check out the sidebar to the right to order a subscription.
- If you live in Arizona, California, Nevada, Texas, or Washington state, run to your nearest Total Wine and More store, to pick up a complimentary copy of our latest issue in the spirits section. Hurry — it’s first come, first serve!
- If you just can’t wait another moment to see the current issue of Artisan Spirit Magazine, then how about a digital version? We knew you’d like that.