Gathering content, coordinating contributors, conducting interviews, writing, photographing, and editing articles for each new issue of Artisan Spirit Magazine is a crap ton of work (technical term), but we're so happy that we're the ones who get to do it. Each issue is a love letter to an industry of makers, risk takers, and hard workers. You keep us supplied with an endless amount of material and inspiration. We are eternally grateful.Our Summer 2015 issue is full of articles that reflect the vast range of matters a craft distiller faces on a daily basis. Maybe it's microbial contamination in your mash, trying to explain to your state the difference between you and a liquor store, or choosing and working with a distributor...http://issuu.com/artisanspiritmag/docs/artisanspirit_issue011_web?e=7606545/13881584Some of the topics we're covering are:
- Blending the right barrels to achieve your desired product
- Transitioning from a day job to distilling
- The art of newsletter marketing
- 6 telltale signs it's time for a package redesign
- Michael Kinstlick's updated industry white paper
- A personal account of one first-timer's ADI Convention experience
- And more, more, more!
Featuring these craft distilleries:
- Black Button Distilling
- Bloomery Plantation Distillery
- Louisiana Spirits
- Philadelphia Distilling
- Saxtons River Distilling
Our publication has grown into the resource it is through the encouragement, article requests, and constructive criticism provided by YOU, our readers. We just want to say thank you and keep it coming — we’re all ears!We’d also like to send a thank you out to our sponsors: American Craft Spirits Association, Black Swan Cooperage, CF Napa Brand Design, Distillery Products by Laser-ON, Fort Dearborn Company, G&D Chillers, Moonshine University, O-I, Rogue Spirits, Tapi, Total Wine & More, and Vendome Copper & Brass Works. We all share a common goal to support creativity, innovation, and integrity within this industry that we all love so much.So, are you ready to read the darn thing yet? If you are not already subscribed, we have four wonderful ways for you to get a copy of your very own…
- If you are a craft distiller, your distillery is welcome to one complimentary subscription! To make sure you’re on the mailing list, head over to our Qualified Subscriber page.
- If you want a physical copy mailed directly to you, it's super easy to order a subscription.
- If you live in Arizona, California, Nevada, Texas, or Washington state, run to your nearest Total Wine & More store, to pick up a complimentary copy of our latest issue in the spirits section. Hurry — it’s first come, first serve!
- If you just can’t wait another moment to see the current issue of Artisan Spirit Magazine, then how about a digital version? We knew you’d like that.